Re: Question

to megami@ml.usagi.org
from "Les Jenkins" <casotaku@eudoramail.com>
subject Re: Question
date Tue, 29 Sep 1998 11:12:10 -0700
On 29 Sep 98 09:00:28 PDT   Jack Chen wrote:

>I have *NEVER* seen the dubbed version of Oh! My Goddess!  (I'm *NOT* going to
>start another war over sub vs./ dub).

Good idea. :-)

>I recently saw the dubbed version of Record of Lodoss Wars and they changed
>the music/lyrics to English.  Obviously, the words were different.  So, my
>question is, "Does the music change in the dubbed version?"

The only song in the OMG dub that was translated to English was the Egg Song and that's
because it's sung by a character. The opening and ending themes remained in Japanese.
AnimEigo, much like A.D. Vision, doesn't normally bother to redo music in English.
Though given the success that Pioneer has had with this practice I'd be lying if I
claimed I wasn't disappointed by that fact.

Les

---
Les Jenkins is The Casual Otaku - casotaku@earthlink.net
The Casual Otaku Zine - http://casualotaku.com/
Covering the North American anime and manga industry.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs