Re: Divine Children / "Chinese Gods"

to Brian Welch <bwelch@avana.net>, <megami@ML.usagi.org>
from mendosan@erols.com (Goodhue)
subject Re: Divine Children / "Chinese Gods"
date Wed, 5 Aug 1998 22:34:44 -0400 (EDT)
At 2:04 PM 8/5/98, Brian Welch wrote:

>Have we ever seen a child god/goddess or demon other than in flashbacks or
>through some kind of magical event (system crash, etc.)?  I was wondering
>if there are still child deities and demons and if so, do they still play
>with each other as Belldandy, Urd, and Mara once did...

There's an utterly APPALLING feature length cartoon from the mainland
entitled "Tales of the Chinese Gods."  (The animation and voicework on this
thing are simply NOT to be believed.)  It stars a 'toon version of Bruce
Lee as a Chinese hero of times past, who liberates the land from a demonic
dynasty.  I seem to recall that some of the demons were child-like in form.
Not that that made them particulary divine.

This probably isn't what you had in mind, but remember - you heard it here
first...

Mendo san

Search field Search string

archive list