Re: Anime fighting strengths

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from Sam <sbh24@student.canterbury.ac.nz>
subject Re: Anime fighting strengths
date Sat, 04 Jul 1998 11:47:06 +1200
Chris wrote:
>Trust me. In Fujishima's world, Belldandy not only runs the household, but
>serves as moral
>center to Keiichi's little universe. Besides, K1 does love her but is
>painfully shy. That is
>all.
>As a clairvoyant, Bell-chan knows of K1's true feelings towards her, but
>chooses not to
>force the issue to allow K1 to express his feelings on his own terms.

Man, I tried to say that earlier, failed, and ended up deleting what I'd
written and writing a depressing comparison to the Ranma fic "Bitter End".
Suck. That was really nicely put, dude.

>Right, enough of this. So, who has more fighting strength in an RPG?
>Opinions >please?

Argh! Putting characters to stats, sacrelidge! Oh well, all in the spirit
of fun (and less physics threads ;-)

>Put fighting strength on scale of 1-20, then fill in next to the colon.
>Wild, >wierd-ass, and off the wall explanations are not only acceptable,
>but are >expected.

Naturally.

>Belldandy:

Defensively - somwhere near 20. Note that Bell-chan doesn't rate herself
that highly (heck, she thinks Urd's more powerful than her). Offensively -
uncertain.

>Major Kusanagi:

12-14. About as tough as you can get as a human!

>Shampoo:

Realistically, about 8.

>Skuld:

I better not touch this one. I'm pretty certain the Skuld fans hate my guts
enough as it is.

>Urd:

Pretty high. 15, maybe higher. Defensively nowhere near as good as Bell,
though.

>Kikuko Inoue:

Depends on how many raving otaku she has as backup. Then there's the old
"Kikuko IS Belldandy" arguement, in which case see my rating for Bell.

>Chibi Moon:

"BOOM!" Hmm, not so high, no matter what she thinks. 5 tops?

>Princess Nausicaa:

Can one count rouse-a-nation charisma? If so, she'd easily be in the late
teens. And that glider! Man, two words: I WANT!

>Lum:

I'd rank her the same as Urd (unless Urd has some limiter earings style
effect we haven't hear about yet).

>Natsumi or Miyuki from "Taiho":

Er, maybe a 2?

>Kiki:

Full on witch power! Actually probably a 3. ^_^

>Totoro:

Normal variety Totoro: 0.
Mutant raving gun-toting rambo Totoro: 50.

Sam

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited