Re: Is Urd getting cuter?

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from rich@knoware.ersys.edmonton.ab.ca (Richard Hempsey)
subject Re: Is Urd getting cuter?
date Wed, 8 Feb 1995 18:00:25 -0700
scotth@hoshi.corp.sgi.com (Scott Henry) writes:

> > "S" == SSL  <Briareos> writes:
>
> S> Um, is it just me, or is Urd starting to get cuter? In the OVAs, she
> S> looked good, but I don't think cute was the look they were going for.
> S> Doesn't matter. She wasn't.
> S> However, I've picked up DH's translations, and as the story goes on, Urd
> S> starts to look better and better (Which seems to be the general trend
> S> with the characters anyway ^_^).

That's just Fujishima's stlye changing as the story goes along.  It's
not surprising.  I mean, look at the change Belldandy went thru over the
first few volumes!  (Have you ever seen the change in the characters in
Taiho?)

> S> Am I going nuts? Is Urd _really_ becoming _cute_? :)
>
> Only in the story where Urd grew younger (and Skuld grew older!)...
> One of the best stories in the series so far.

It's a good story, but not my favorite.  That'd probably be chapt.48...

But as for Urd being cute...  I thought that she got _less_ cute as she
got younger.  A grown-up Skuld though... kawaii!  (I actually started a
fanfic involving a university-age Skuld... but it never really went
anywhere... so I abandoned it... ;_; )

Anyways, they're goddesses.  Would you expect any less of them?

---
Richard Hempsey /  |  rich@knoware.ersys.edmonton.ab.ca
Morisato Keiichi / |  richh@worldgate.edmonton.ab.ca
Kasuga Takashi /   |  http://valis.worldgate.edmonton.ab.ca/~richh/
BAKA Treasurer -----> http://gpu.srv.ualberta.ca/~cmadill/bakahmpg.html
"Carl, you may have just punched out God."  "Nah. God has a beard."

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs