Re: AMS 12

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com (Aa Megami-sama ML)
from david_goldsmith@taligent.com (David Goldsmith)
subject Re: AMS 12
date Mon, 7 Aug 1995 23:59:02 -0500
At 4:19 PM 8/7/95, pvo@io.com (Peter Van Overen) wrote:
>?What's going on with the wish that K1 ends up making with Peorth? He seems
>to horrified at what he's done, and runs off to find Belldandy- only to be
>pursued by Peorth until the end. As a goddess, Peorth seems a little short
>on compassion and empathy. What has she tricked K1 into wishing for?

She hasn't tricked him into saying anything. It's the same situation as
when she said earlier "I love you" then, "what if I said that?". He says "I
want you to satisfy my desire" and is about to ask the same kind of
question, when he realizes to his horror he's gone ahead and made a wish.

>I thought Peorth's toying with Tamiya was a pretty coldhearted thing to do-
>Hard to believe she is a goddess 1st class. In the end, when Belldandy
>tells Peorth that she loves K1, Peorth doesn't seem too upset, and very
>graciously leaves with a "arigato gozaimashita", after a brief conversation
>on the phone with Kami-sama, I presume. What's going on here?

She says "thank you for your order". It's not spelled out, but I think it's
implied that the wish Peorth sensed was that Keiichi wanted to hear that
Belldandy loved him, and once that happened, it was "mission accomplished".
Belldandy says "Peorth, it can't be that you came here to make me say
that?" Peorth doesn't answer the question, but gives Belldandy another
gentle dig and disappears.

>I can see where it would be wise on Kami-sama's part to have at least one
>of his daughters fall ...

There seems to be an impression on the list that Kami-sama is the three
sisters' father, but I honestly don't know where people get it from. I have
all 12 volumes of the manga and I don't recall seeing this anywhere. Can
anyone spell out where this idea comes from?

David Goldsmith
Senior Scientist
Taligent, Inc.
10201 N. DeAnza Blvd.