Re: [off topic] Help with price of the Subscription to Monthly

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from Kenji Shimizu <s991775@yamata.icu.ac.jp>
subject Re: [off topic] Help with price of the Subscription to Monthly
date Mon, 01 Jun 1998 07:37:52 +0900
Les Jenkins wrote:

> Kenji Shimizu wrote:
>
> >  ...just for your info... the original is less then $5 US in Japan..... (kind
of hard for me to
> > say what's a "good price" for things like this....especially when I find these
throw away all over the place, for
> >  these monthly and weekly stuff ^_^;)...
>
> I wouldn't be surprised if it was that inexpensive in Japan. With all the tarrifs
and taxes on imported goods from
> anywhere else in general, and Japan in particular, things get a bit pricey once
they finally make it to the States.
> :-)

 ...ouch.... taxes... (and probably lots of profit for the stores too ^_^;)
(here, weekly stuff, you can pick one up from the garbage can, or the recycling box,
or the train's seat...
and take it home... I sometimes throw away those weekly manga at the station too ^_^;
(not worth my money to
keep it... rent costs more... ^_^;)

					Kenji Shimizu

Search field Search string