Re: AMS vol.12

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from pvo@io.com (Peter Van Overen)
subject Re: AMS vol.12
date Sun, 6 Aug 1995 20:55:15 -0600
Yutaka writes:
>No.  Right after that she says "---Is that what you'd want me to tell
>you?".  Right before this, Keiichi says that he doesn't want to have
>Peorth "grant him a wish" in the way that's probably elaborated on
>in the magazine Peorth puts in Keiichi's desk drawer ^_^;;;, since there's
>really no love between the two.

?What's going on with the wish that K1 ends up making with Peorth? He seems
to horrified at what he's done, and runs off to find Belldandy- only to be
pursued by Peorth until the end. As a goddess, Peorth seems a little short
on compassion and empathy. What has she tricked K1 into wishing for?

>>                                                 Later on Belldandy comes
>> right out and says it too.  It seems that people are starting to lay down
>> all their cards on the table now.  I just wish that K1 could be a man and
>> actually act on his feelings.  What was the whole incident in ch. 70
>> about?  The sight of Tamiya -sempai scared the hell out of Peorth
>> thefirst time, and later she sticks to him like glue, and makes it look
>> like they were a couple.  I'm sure she had no real feelings for him, but
>> why was she going through the whole thing anyway?  And poor Tamiya, did
>> he get his heart broken at the end.
>
>She thinks that Tamiya and Keiichi are into a "yaoi" relationship
>(that's "gay", and I don't mean "gay" as in "happy" ^_^;).  So she takes
>Tamiya as another rival vying for Keiichi.  Peorth then tries to get rid
>of this "rival" by having Tamiya go after her instead (which he already
>was anyway).  And while she's doing this, she also shows off to
>Keiichi, to try to get him jealous.

I thought Peorth's toying with Tamiya was a pretty coldhearted thing to do-
Hard to believe she is a goddess 1st class. In the end, when Belldandy
tells Peorth that she loves K1, Peorth doesn't seem too upset, and very
graciously leaves with a "arigato gozaimashita", after a brief conversation
on the phone with Kami-sama, I presume. What's going on here?

I'd like to see a chapter sometime soon where, when K1 and Belldandy are
sitting quietly with each other, K1 would take her hand and ask Bell to
marry him when he gets out of school. There would be a few interesting
problems- taking Belldandy to meet K1's parents ("I met her when I got a
wrong number!, and "Her father has an important job!", not to mention
"Where Belldandy comes from, she doesn't really need a last name-"). Then
there's the problem of asking Kami-sama for his daughter's hand in
marriage- there's a fairly daunting task. The wedding reception should be
quite an event, though. (Bell's mother->"You know, if I don't keep her
father away from the punch bowl, he just wants to dance all night, and
throw lightning bolts around!!".)

I can see where it would be wise on Kami-sama's part to have at least one
of his daughters fall in love with, and marry an ordinary mortal in order
to experience the joys and sorrows that this world is heir to. A goddess
would gain some insights that couldn't be learned any other way, and could
provide her kids (and grandkids) the guidance to help keep them on the
right path through life (unless the kids take after Aunt Urd, and turn out
to be regular little hellers). It would be an interesting family to grow up
in.

>Hope that helped somewhat.  I dunno if anyone's paid any attention to
>it, but I'm the one that was doing the very, very short synopses for the
>manga chapters.  I'm still waaay back at volume 3, but I'll skip ahead
>and do volume 12, or any other volume, if anyone wants me to.
>
>---Yutaka

Well, if you skipped ahead to do a fairly detailed synopsis of the chapters
in vol.12, I sure wouldn't mind! I'd be downright appreciative, actually!

Peter

What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure. --
Samuel Johnson, 1709-1784

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited