Re: AMS vol.12

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Yutaka Sasagawa <sleeper@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
subject Re: AMS vol.12
date Thu, 3 Aug 1995 02:10:06 -0500 (CDT)
Edward Kwon wrote:
> After months of waiting, I finally received my copy, and after reading it
> cover to cover (with what pitiful little kanji I know :(  )  I am totally
> head over heels for Peorth (Bell-chan, it's just a phase, sumimasen!)
> Her energy and seductiveness gives Urd a run for her money.
> I am wondering if anyone can give a decent explanation of the events
> taking place in this volume.

Well, I'll try.  I just got my copy a few days ago.

> WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!

> >From what I gathered, Peorth is really starting to chase K1 aggressively
> now, but I don't know if its in order to fufill his wish and do her job,
> or if she's really starting to fall for him.On pp.163-164, she flat out
> says that she loves him, but is that for real?

No.  Right after that she says "---Is that what you'd want me to tell
you?".  Right before this, Keiichi says that he doesn't want to have
Peorth "grant him a wish" in the way that's probably elaborated on
in the magazine Peorth puts in Keiichi's desk drawer ^_^;;;, since there's
really no love between the two.

>                                                 Later on Belldandy comes
> right out and says it too.  It seems that people are starting to lay down
> all their cards on the table now.  I just wish that K1 could be a man and
> actually act on his feelings.  What was the whole incident in ch. 70
> about?  The sight of Tamiya -sempai scared the hell out of Peorth
> thefirst time, and later she sticks to him like glue, and makes it look
> like they were a couple.  I'm sure she had no real feelings for him, but
> why was she going through the whole thing anyway?  And poor Tamiya, did
> he get his heart broken at the end.

She thinks that Tamiya and Keiichi are into a "yaoi" relationship
(that's "gay", and I don't mean "gay" as in "happy" ^_^;).  So she takes
Tamiya as another rival vying for Keiichi.  Peorth then tries to get rid
of this "rival" by having Tamiya go after her instead (which he already
was anyway).  And while she's doing this, she also shows off to
Keiichi, to try to get him jealous.

Hope that helped somewhat.  I dunno if anyone's paid any attention to
it, but I'm the one that was doing the very, very short synopses for the
manga chapters.  I'm still waaay back at volume 3, but I'll skip ahead
and do volume 12, or any other volume, if anyone wants me to.

---Yutaka

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited