Re: Winnie the Pooh (was:Miss Keiichi)

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from Les Jenkins <casotaku@earthlink.net>
subject Re: Winnie the Pooh (was:Miss Keiichi)
date Sat, 02 May 1998 09:53:44 -0400

Tomi Makitalo wrote:

> What is the difference between being evil and being mean? Aren't they one
> and the same? Only evil persons are mean, and all the mean persons are evil,
> dig?

That's a very black and white view of the world. By your definition there are no
"good" people in the world, only "evil" as everyone has been mean to someone
else at one time or another. The problem is the fact that good and evil, mean
and nice, are largely subjective concepts that change from person to person and
society to society.

As an example, most folks might saying that killing someone is mean and therefor
an evil thing to do, and yet many folks have also gone to war and killed people
in support of some cause or idea they believed it. Many folks in some places of
the world support the idea of assisted suicide which allows those with terminal
diseases to decide when to end their lives and gives them the help needed to do
so. The idea of allowing someone who is living a life of constant pain end it in
by his own choosing seems a merciful and compassionate thing to me, but to
others it's the most vile and evil act one could commit. So, is killing someone
always an evil and mean thing to do? Or are there exceptions to the rule? Who
determines the exceptions?

> >>I'd LOVE to see drug-addicted Winnie the Pooh... with a shotgun. ;-)
> >>Just think: Winnie the pooh - First blood part II. Contains violence and
> >>mature situations. Suggested for mature readers.
> >
> >Sick-ass! ;)
> >

> YEEEESSSSSS!

You guys should try reading some of William S. Burroughs stories sometime.
Something like "Spare Assed Annie". It'd be interesting to hear your thoughts on
him.

Les

--
Les Jenkins is The Casual Otaku       (http://casualotaku.dreamhost.com/)
To email me remove the words NOSPAM from my address.        Atheist #1085

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs