Re: [Ridiculously, mind-numbingly Off Topic] Re: Australia and NOT Son May

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from Les Jenkins <casotaku@earthlink.net>
subject Re: [Ridiculously, mind-numbingly Off Topic] Re: Australia and NOT Son May
date Sat, 02 May 1998 09:40:24 -0400

Sam wrote:

> Okay guys, thanks (doesn't that sarcasm just *drip*?) for enlightening me
> as to their history if the term "I don't give a rat's ass!".

Hey, we probably invented the term. Proper credit where it's due. :-)

> As far as I was aware, it was popularised by an extremely crap Aussie
> comedian named Rodney Rude (irritating wee bastard, spoke in a
> high-pitched, whiney voice) and that he originated the phrase, and given
> most people's opinions of the guy in Oz and NZ, I was annoyed when I
> thought he had somehow become poular in the US. So now, just like Jasper
> Carrot and "Zits", here's another phrase a commonwealth comedian found in
> the states and tried to trademark back in his home. Sad stuff.

Never heard of the guy so he can't have become too popular here in the States and

her certainly didn't originate the phrase. He probably overheard my mother using
it and decided to make use of it.

Les

--
Les Jenkins is The Casual Otaku       (http://casualotaku.dreamhost.com/)
To email me remove the words NOSPAM from my address.        Atheist #1085

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs