[Noise] No extra gift...? (was: Re: SM CDs)

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from Kenji Shimizu <s991775@yamata.icu.ac.jp>
subject [Noise] No extra gift...? (was: Re: SM CDs)
date Fri, 03 Apr 1998 02:21:37 -0800
Rostislav V. Lyudmirsky wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, Kevin Barth wrote:
> > Let me play the devil's advocate here for a minute.  A lot of the argument
> > over why original Japanese CDs are better seems to be coming from a value
> > added perspective - you get much better booklets, package inserts, and so
> > forth.  All of which is undeniable.
>
> Well, that's the thing... the first japanese CD I have ever ordered was
> AMS soundtrack (first episodes). I have ordered it from Nikaku and paid
> $30+, so I know it is _legal_ CD, not the SM copy. However, this CD did
> not have any booklets and any extra goodies. All it had was a cover
> with the image of megamis. It didn't really detract from the
> enjoyment of listening to music. Since then I have seen a SM copy of this
> CD for under $15 and it looked pretty much the same as the original, the
> only difference was a bit worse quality of cover and no copyright message.

 ...? The first AMG CD sound track... (first press) had all those
goodies.... Your copy came with nothing...??? How can this be true....
humm... maybe they sold you the normal version, AND taken out the
booklet... (ohhh.... that'll be an evil thing to do....)

> > My question for all of you is, how much does this REALLY matter to you?  I
> > buy a CD because I want to listen to the music.  Value added for me is that
> > the lyrics are clearly printed on the inside of the folder, so I can follow
> > along.  The rest of the junk - pretty pictures, interviews, and the like -
> > generally goes unread or is looked at once and forgotten about.  That's NOT
> > why I buy the CDs.
>
> True, but it is always _nice_ to get and _extra_ stuff no matter how
> worthless it is, it's human nature. Why do you think there is a cheap
> toy in the box of cereal. :)

 ^_^; Good point ^_^;

 ...actually, Kellogg's (sp?) in Japan is sometimes REALLY cheap... they
give you NO TOYS... (-_-# they're ripping off the kids... they taking
away the "rights" for a little kid to own a toy that comes along with a
cereall box! LOL ^_^;)

					Kenji Shimizu

Search field Search string

archive list