Re: SM Sountracks (more NOISE)

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Christopher Jefferson <ALMIGHTY@worldnet.att.net>
subject Re: SM Sountracks (more NOISE)
date Thu, 02 Apr 1998 22:02:07 -0500
Les Jenkins wrote:

> Christopher Jefferson wrote:

<my traffic snipped>

> Cons have been, indeed, one of the major places to find SonMay CDs and not just
at
> anime conventions, but a lot of Sci-Fi conventions that have a dealer with some
anime
> wares. Fortunately, many of the bigger cons these days are banning the sale of SonMay

> CDs. I wrote an editorial about this whole issue once for Animecca in which I chided

> the dealers for being greedy (cause they can sell more SonMay CDs which have a higher

> profit margin despite the lower price).

<more snippage of my traffic>

> I have a couple of SonMay CDs myself which were, like someone else mentioned earlier,

> gifts from people who didn't know any better as well as two that I bought myself
back
> when I didn't know any better. Since having learned better I've gone out and bought

> the original CDs in order to make up for the error.
>
> Les

Well, the only problem here is that it is probably very hard for most
small time cons (like, say, "AnimeExpress '98") to regulate the sale of
CD's. I would be surprised if, for example, AWA regulated the sale of
tapes either. I don't think they're that big yet. So Les, you and I will
have to check out the dealers' room at the hotel (assuming you're still
going in October!!! 8-)). Now a large, really well organized con like
AnimeExpo '98 will have three ballrooms for dealers. I suspect each
dealer has to sign a legal agreement in regards to pirated copies, which
allowes AEX to cover their buttocks legally.

Now how this all relates to AMS should be rather clear for all to see.
We all love Inoue, Aya, and Toumi. We shouldn't want to shortchange
these people, who've given the better part of their careers to the
Goddess gig. Nor would we want to shortchange, however indirectly,
Fujishima-sensei. So once again, let's not let temptation get the better
of us.

Be Seeing You,

Chris

Search field Search string