Re: SM Sountracks

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Rostislav V. Lyudmirsky" <hbcsc093@email.csun.edu>
subject Re: SM Sountracks
date Thu, 2 Apr 1998 15:32:56 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, SHIMIZU KENJI wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Anne Bulin wrote:
> > Probably already know this, but buying a used CD is only slightly better
> > than buying an SM CD.

>  ...Good point ^_^;

> > Artists, etc. don't get royalties from used sales either - but I suppose
> > they at least got something when it was originally purchased.

I disagree. Purchase of the used CD is, basically, a transfer of the
ownership. The previous owner looses the ability to listen to that CD,
while new owner gains the ability to listen to it. There's *still* only
one physical CD exists and it's been paid for to the artist. It's the
same as buying used stereo, car, etc.

>  ...So it's better then pirate, but not as good... ^_^;

IMO, it's in completely different category.
Rostislav V. Lyudmirsky                       rlyudmirsky@linkonline.net
ICQ# 1393541                   http://members.linkonline.net/rlyudmirsky
"There is  a theory which states  that if ever anyone  discovers exactly
and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another which states that this has already happened."
               Douglas Adams (The Restaurant at the End of the Universe)
aa#1060

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited