Re: SM Soundtracks?

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Les Jenkins <casotaku@earthlink.net>
subject Re: SM Soundtracks?
date Wed, 01 Apr 1998 06:25:07 -0500

martin wrote:

>     Moral arguments aside, can anyone tell me definitively if SM
> versions of soundtracks (well, AMG soundtracks in particular) have the
> exact same audio quality as the Japanese originals?  I've got SM and
> original versions of some Ys CDs, and I personally can't tell the
> difference, but I'm no audio expert either.

Moral arguments aside, there is no appreciable difference in sound quality
between most SM soundtracks and most original versions, OMG stuff
included. Early on SM had lesser expensive equipment and it showed in the
quality of the sound, but that situation hasn't been the case for many
many years.

Given that and without sounding too condemning, I'd ask that you at least
make every effort not to purchase SonMay CDs unless you happen to reside
in Taiwan and have no other choice. I know the originals are expensive,
but there are a lot of people who's paychecks are dependent upon people
buying legitimate copies. A true fan, I would think, would want to reward
the folks who brought him or her the music and anime they so enjoy. I'll
get off of my soap box now. Thank you.

Les

--
Les Jenkins is The Casual Otaku       (http://casualotaku.dreamhost.com/)
To email me remove the words NOSPAM from my address.        Atheist #1085

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs