Re: Oh! My Goddess! cancelled?

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Christopher Jefferson <ALMIGHTY@worldnet.att.net>
subject Re: Oh! My Goddess! cancelled?
date Fri, 06 Mar 1998 11:27:33 -0500
Andreas Dombrowsky wrote:

> ------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BD4922.B9966980
>
> I just heard from aforementioned comic store that the A!MS series was =
> cancelled and not ever going to be reprinted. Is that true?
>             Andreas Dombrowsky
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BD4922.B9966980

This is probably bogus information. If true, Kenji Shimizu would have
told us about an upcoming cancellation months ago. AMS is one of
Kodansha's biggest franchise stories, selling lots of issues of COMIC
AFTERNOON every month and making both the company and Fujishima serious
yen. Here in the United States, Dark Horse makes money off of the manga
spinnoff, Oh! My Goddess!. OMG sells out here in the states and has a
significant following. Finally, the series is being made into a full
length feature anime and it wouldn't be very smart for the magazine
folks to torpedoe their own movie by cancelling AMS before the movie
came out! I can expect something like this to happen after the movie
comes out, with K1 and Bell getting married off or something like that,
but not before the movie's distribution.

Be Seeing You,

Chris

Search field Search string

archive list