Re: Peorth

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com (Aa Megami-sama ML)
from David_Goldsmith@taligent.com (David Goldsmith)
subject Re: Peorth
date Wed, 5 Jul 1995 20:55:17 -0700
At 8:19 AM 7/3/95, belldandy@usagi.jrd.dec-j.co.jp wrote:
>From: Stainless Steel Rat <ratinox@ccs.neu.edu>
>To: megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
>Subject: Re: Some Question on AMG and Taiho

>CuSO4> 1. Question : I cannot found anywhere in the manga mentioning
>CuSO4> Peorth is from the "Rival Godess Office" mentioned in many
>CuSO4> messages in this ML and RAA.
>
>It is implied that Peorth works for a different office than Belldandy.
>The usage of "Rival Goddess Office" is merely a play on Ben Dunn's
>"Rival Ninja Corporation", that's all.

Peorth says she is from the "Earth Help Center". She does later say that
she is a rival to Belldandy's group (when Belldandy tries to welcome her).

>CuSO4> 2. Question : I cannot found any reference in the manga
>CuSO4> mentioning Peorth is the aunt of the 3 goddess, as mentioned in
>CuSO4> many message in this ML and RAA.
>
>Belldandy calls Peorth "auntie". They are otherwise unrelated, as far as
>I know.

I've been unable to find a place where Belldandy calls Peorth "obasan".
Everywhere I see it's just "Peorth". But I only have through volume 11 of
the collected manga.

David Goldsmith
Senior Scientist
Taligent, Inc.