Re: Web pages (was: Re: Update on AMG and YUA movie)

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Kenohki <kenohki@geocities.com>
subject Re: Web pages (was: Re: Update on AMG and YUA movie)
date Thu, 05 Feb 1998 18:43:18 +0200
Kenji Shimizu wrote:

>  ??? What??? You trust (like, support, etc.) a page that has the huge
> message saying;
>
>  "Don't introduce these pages on all magazines and books"

Yes, because I know for a fact that this is a VERY reliable source, despite
the fact that the maintainer is not fluent in English. This is where I go
for latest info on Manga series.

Now, as for the notice, I can think of a several different reasons. Sometimes,
people (as in magazine, books, etc... ) will list one's page on their magazine
without asking for permission (personal experiance on my part). You above all,
should understand at least in part why he did that... You DID say that you were
drawn into doujinshi in more than one instance, right? I personally consider
this as being somewhere in teh same league. Anyways, to most of us,this should
not matter too much, but let's say that his server can only handle certain
number of visits per day. I have seen number of sites that go down, because
they had too many visitors visiting them, and the server could not handle such
traffic. His notice could be just a method to prevent it from happening.

>  You can tell this guys stealing info., stealing scans, and his info.
> ain't official! (nothing like insider info., etc...)

To the best of my knowledge, other people may steal information from his page,
but I have not yet seen him steal from other pages. And since EVERYTHING that
was in his page (with the exception of AMS SFC game, but it was not his fault)
came out to be true, I don't see how you can say that it is not official. He
is scanning images on every new chapter of AFTERNOON (selected page and a single
pannel), and despite the fact that his English is not too good, he tries to
communicate the information to the viewers.

>  ...well, if you're satisfied with this kind of page...... well.......

Show me a better one with equal amount of updates, and I'll head that direction.
But this is the place for getting the newest info. Probably doesn't matter to
Kenji-san and few others, but for those of us who do NOT live in Japan and who
do NOT have subscription to Newtype/Afternoon, this is the next best thing.

Once again, if you see a better one, don't hesitate to prove me wrong.

>  (Then again, you can't find good leaks (info.) in public anyway...)

What? Explanation please? I don't understand what you are saying here... ?_?

>  ...(do we have to be very specific, and going by the "definition" of a
> dictionary??? You know what I mean, don't you??????? Or you want me to
> be very specific??? (well, I'd rather sleep then take some "proper
> speaking" lessons... -_-#

Well, if you are trying to communicate properly with others, then it may
be worth losing some sleep...

If I said

"There monkey rhino go dig moon chair mouse computer exactly to?"

Then would you know what the heck I was talking about?

Going by the defination that most people use is a good thing, contrary to
what you may have been taught.

Of course, dictionary defination is not always the right one... Webster's
defination on "Otaku" (yes, I have seen this) is "A fan of Japanese Animation"
Not "entirely correct", as you may know already...

That was my thought on the subject...

[Kenohki is now heading to the bomb shelter to avoid flames...]

--

   _/\  \\\\    _    ||      Kenohki <kenohki@geocities.com>      ||

Search field Search string

archive list