Re: Update on AMG and YUA movie

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Kenji Shimizu <s991775@yamata.icu.ac.jp>
subject Re: Update on AMG and YUA movie
date Wed, 04 Feb 1998 02:54:09 -0800
Christopher Jefferson wrote:

> Well, Kenji takes a break from preparing for the Game Show to let us in
> on The Latest.....

 I'm behind schedule fopr that thing... (my senpai's booth is going
accordingly... lucky him.... I don't have to worry about a booth, but
I've still got to worry aboutpreparations... ;_;)

> Kenji Shimizu wrote:
> >
> > ...It's been more then a WEEK since the Afternoon has been released...
> > an NO ONE's talking about it here...? (I'm a bit suprised... I guess
> > everyone's busy...?)
> >  Anyway, sicne no one mentioned this already, I guess I will... -_-;
> >  This month Afternoon had an interveiw with the directors of both of the
> > movie... I'll do a really really really short summary of it here;
>
> Thanks, but the reason we haven't mentioned it here in the states is
> that we don't get Afternoon.

 Kinokuniya will have it... and OCS probably has it already.... 9and
yes, they deliver to US and Canada... I think...)

> Still, I was wondering how things were coming along, so it's good that you dropped
by > with the news from Belldandyland....

 (Speaking of Belldandy... Just say Shin El hazard... and princess
rune... (inoue Kikuko)... sounded a bit.... uhmm... older (then I
wish)...? (I hope it's my imagination... or else... Bell-chan will be
sounding older too... ;_;

> >  AMG movie;
> >  It's going to have an original (?) character.... it was on the original
> > manga before (...you'll have to "look" for it...)
>
> I bet you that they mean new to the movie. If Kenji gets "kidnapped",
> Marllier has to be involved. That's the easiest to figure out.

 ^_^;
 Or I could be at some event ^_^;
 ...speaking of which.... I think I might have missed Saito-chiho
sensei's sign-kai... ;_; (she did Utena original managa...)... anyone
know the date of her sign-kai...???

>  There will be
> > action... (since The director of art (moving art, animation, etc... what
> > every you want to call it...) likes it...
>
> Oh, I can see it now, Major Belldandy, Section 9, Relief Goddess Office,
> Special Operations. Give the Goddess a sword and watch her rock the
> world!

 ^_^; (where do you get these idas? ^_^;)

> (Matsuda-san)... the Director
> > (total director, head director, etc... what ever you want to call it...)
>
> Chief cook and bottle washer.
>
> > (Gouda-san) has already finished the scenario, and is moving on to
> > fine-tuning it for animation...
> >  Oh, Peorth (sp?) will be on the movie screen as well ^_^
>
> Good! I never got a hand on her personality anyway. However, they'll
> have to do some backstory to familiarize most of the audience with
> Peorth.

 ...hummm... maybe not... remember, AMG, as a manga, is pretty
popular... (might not be "ultra best seller", or "seasonal" thing, but
it's still got a OK size fan... (especially after Sakura Taisen...)...so
most of the people showing up at the theater should have prior
knowledge... (most likely...)

> >  The rough draft of two clips from the film is also shown... (I guess
> > someone must have scanned it already...???) The theam of the movie
> > (might be) "Shinrai" (trust...?)... but they'll ahve to write "fushin"
> > (distrust...????) first....
>
> Hmmmm, Keiichi loses faith in Bell-chan, then regains it? Well have to
> see.

 They didn't say anything about the exact storyline... (of course)

> >  And of course, as usual, they are having hard time drawing it... (AMG
> > art is a pain in the neck to draw... lots of lines.... one of them is
> > Bell-chan's front part of her hair... it's complicated... -_-; I guess
> > we've discussed about her complicated hair last time, so I'm not going
> > to talk about it anymore here ^_^;
>
> When you've got good manga, it's tough to do justice to the original
> with a half-assed job. Now that it is going to be a movie, we'll get to
> see the job done right!

 ...Bell-chan's hair is hard to draw... ;_;
 (anyone tried drawing her hair?)

> >  YUA Movie (Taiho Shicauzo)
> >  This movie seems to be moving along well (much more better speed then
> > AMG... it's more on schedule.... the AMG movie seems to be always "bit
> > behind"... (to be honest, I think it's WAAAAAYYYYY behind... they were
> > thinking about an OVA... but trashed that and turned it into a
> > movie..... wonder if they will keep up their schedule... -_-;)
>
> Probably not.;-)

 (and AMG is waaaayyyy behind schedule... first, they scraped the idea
of OVA, and then TV.,.. now, movie... they better not scarp this
project... (at this rate, they shouldn't...) ...but then again, they
scraped the AMG Super Famicon game... (EVEN after they annoucned it...
IN PUBLIC... they haven't FULLY scrapped it yet, I think... but close
enough...)

> >  Anyway, back to YUA... The contents aren't disclosed, but there are
> > sceens such as *Brigdge being **, and *** being **...... (they want you
> > to fill in the "blank" and guess what it is ^_^;;;)
> >  Anyway, the theam of the film (or the plot) is taking place during
> > CURRENT time zone... (not "Modern time setting" or "Near future" time
> > setting, but RIGHT NOW....) Miyuki and Natusmi will be drawn more as an
> > "adult" then compared to the TV series... (more grown-up" in
> > personality...? As an OL...???)... anyway, the character is very much
> > "human" and "prestent" and looks like it's going to be realistic....
> > (anyone seen Patolabor...? maybe something a fan of Patolabor MIGHT
> > like....)
>
> Nineties Tokyo street cops. Same old same old, but I love 'em.

 ...is it me, or do they seem to be wearing the old police uniform...?
(The Tokyo Metro politan police did change their uniform (modification)
a while ago...

					Kenji Shimizu

Search field Search string

archive list