Re: Sakura Taisen...in English!

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Kenji Shimizu <s991775@yamata.icu.ac.jp>
subject Re: Sakura Taisen...in English!
date Mon, 02 Feb 1998 02:01:38 -0800
Sam wrote:

> >> Not confirmed yet, but check this out.
> >> http://tonic.physics.sunysb.edu/~ming/anime/sakura/sakura-english.html
> >
> > ...don't... as soon as you try to go to the first page, with out the
> >right program, your computer will crash, for sure... (messed-up src
> >extention...)
>
> Okay, this site has always crashed my machine (I'd really like to see it
> someday) so could could you tell me which program works, Kenji? Cool.

 doesn't seem to be a well built front page.... (well, maybe turning off
your Java capabilities might help...) but I'd rather spend my time
reading a game magazine... the game show is comming soon...

> > Second of all, if you know how to read Japanese, and is already a
> >hevily devoted fan owning a Sakura Taisen for the Saturn, nothing big of
> >a deal.
> > The page says it's got info. that the Sakura Taisen will be translated
> >into English. (who cares if you already have the game in Japanese...
> >especially the special box set... (especially with the Specila limited
> >version... that thing's got a premium on it.)... besides, the OVA is out
> >already, and Sakura Taisen 2 will be out soon as well. (and of course,
> >they will have up-to-date info. at the Tokyo game show comming up in
> >March ^_^ (again, they are planning to have it in middle of no-where
> >Chiba (Makuhari)... ;_;
>
> Despite all that, I'm still interested to know what was said on that page,
> so could someone who's been there (he says, looking at Beri and Kenji ;)
> give me a transcritpion of what was said? That'd be great.

 it says there will be a Sakura Taisen in English. (only Sakura Taisen
1).. it might include the Colums game as well... (nothing big of a
deal... I didn't see any info. about Sakura Taisen 2... which is a
bigger deal ^_^; (my computer crashed before I loaded up the front page,
so couldn't see much of the site...)
 I thought Sakura Taisen was a dead game already... (Sakura Taisen 2
will bring it back, maybe...)..... maybe, they might have the re-do pack
thing... (the "Sata Colle" (Saturn Collection)...

> I may agree that Sakura Taisen will always be better in Japanese, and that
> Fujishima fans should be playing this game in its original language, but on
> the other hand I have many friends, good people who'd really enjoy the game
> but don't know any Japanese, who I'd like to introduce to Sakura and co, so
> an English language version of the game is important to me.
> Along a similar note, is the OVA getting and English sub or dub?

 Ah, I see.... (well, if you can read Japanese, you can play Sakura
Taisen 2 as soon as it comes out this Spring ^_-
 Hopefully, I can get a nice seat again at the Sega booth, if they have
a Sakura Taisen event.... (wonder which guest will be there this
time.... I know Hitoshi and Joe won't be there, if there'a SG event at
the same time ^_-)....I should write a report about this soon...
maybe...

					Kenji Shimizu

Search field Search string

archive list