Re: Soundtracks

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from sbh24@student.canterbury.ac.nz (Sam)
subject Re: Soundtracks
date Mon, 05 Jan 1998 19:45:19 +1300
Ah, it's good to be back.

Universities that close your account over the Christmas-NewYear brea,k
without even a warning or a chance to ressurect it, should be taken out and
shot.

>Wouldn't it be great if people like mansun,smashing pumpkins,INXS and
>radiohead contribute their best songs to some oF THE best anime-s ever?
>I pitched an idea for a soundtrack to the AIC and Gainax.AIC rejected it
>saying about this copyright thing and i have yet to hear it from the
>latter(it's been almost ayear!).And later on,I heard that some mailing
>lists play something about what non-anime songs is suitable for which
>anime.I've could've been there!Well,at least we have this mailing list.
>So here lists of songs/artistes that i recommend you to listen if you
>just can't get enough of these anime-s listed below:

It's great to see that when I'm not here there's someone else to
untintentionally offend everybody with a tangent post. ^_^
Thanks for filling in for me, Ahmad!

>Evangelion:
>Mansun-Wide Open Space
>Radiohead-Street Spirit
>Tori Amos-Caught A Lite Sneeze/God
>Cowboy Junkies-Angel Mine(ironic,isn't it?)
>Manic Street Preachers-Everything Must Go(another irony)
>U2-Do You Feel Loved?
>Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
>
>Vampire Princess Miyu:
>Stina Nordenstam-Mary Bell
>Portishead-Sour Times
>Morcheeba-Howling
>Tricky-Makes Me Wanna Die
>Nine Inch Nails-any suitable songs
>Marilyn Manson-The Beautiful People
>
>Nadesico:the Movie(coming soon,next year):
>Electronic-Forbidden City
>David Bowie-Little Wonder
>
>VIRUS:Virus Buster Serge
>Underworld-any suitable songs
>Sneaker Pimps-" "        "
>Primal Scream-" "        "
>
>Daiundoukai:
>Republica-Ready To Go
>Some sunny reggae or ska songs(maybe Finley Quaye,No Doubt or Bob
>Marley)
>
>You're Under Arrest:
>Radiohead-Karma Police
>Fun-Lovin' Criminals-any suitable songs
>Some Hip-hop or drivin' Punk tunes

It's a sad fact (in my opinion :) that New Zealand is far more music
concious than Japan concious. I know virtually everything listed above, but
I have to disagree. This sort of music does not suit anime. The area of the
Japanes music industry that is attached to the anime industry produces a
very unique selection of music, quite delightfully so, and I wouldn't want
to have it replaced by the sort of music I hear every day from radios all
over town.

One of my greatest fears is that the Megami movie, now unlikely to be
translated and released by AnimEigo, will have a the music re-done by
American pop-singers a la Sailor Moon. Yasuda Takeshi's brilliant
instrumentals and the gorgeous voices of the GFC are quintessential to the
brilliance of Aa! Megamisama! and should not be replaced under any
circumstances. I really want to know who *will* be getting the license for
the movie in th US, so that I (and the rest of you :) can bombard them with
disuasive e-mail on the subject, should the thought have even entered their
minds. Hmph.

Sam (who has a different selection of Greatest Fears than most people do)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs