Re: (Off-topic)Just out of curiosity....

to <megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com>
from "Brian Welch" <bwelch@avana.net>
subject Re: (Off-topic)Just out of curiosity....
date Sun, 4 Jan 1998 22:17:25 -0500
Tomi Makitalo wrote:

>Kevin Shui wrote:
>

>>    I guess everybody has seen at least once that Urd and Skuld
>>play "janken" to decide who to answer the phone.
>>    I wonder if there are similar games in other cultures? A totally
>>identical game to "janken" in Chinese world is called "scissor, rock
>>and cloth".
>

>You mean the same kind of game Shinji and Misato play in the 2nd eps. of
>Neon Genesis Evangelion???
>That game in Finland is called "Sakset, kivi ja paperi" or "scissors, rock
>and paper" if translated in English.

We call it "Rock, Paper, Scissors" here in the US, and I play it all the
time with my daughter.  I have to watch out, though, because she likes to
cheat :).

Brian Welch
bwelch@avana.net
Here's to Urd, the only sys admin I know
who doesn't have to wear a beeper!

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited