Re: Just out of curiosity....

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Kenji Shimizu <s991775@yamata.icu.ac.jp>
subject Re: Just out of curiosity....
date Sun, 04 Jan 1998 02:54:29 -0800
Kevin Shui wrote:

> Kenohki wrote:
>
> >Kevin Shui wrote:
> >>
> >>     I guess everybody has seen at least once that Urd and Skuld
> >> play "janken" to decide who to answer the phone.
> >>     I wonder if there are similar games in other cultures? A totally
> >> identical game to "janken" in Chinese world is called "scissor, rock
> >> and cloth".
> >
> >You missed the last part (po/bo = cloth)... unsure of the
> >pronouncination). And when did Skuld and Urd play this? Where is this?
> >Usually, they play "Russian Roulette" with Skuld's bomb, or just fight
> >each other. They don't like answering the phone... ^_^
>
>     Unless my dictionary is wrong, I think both "janken" and "jankenpon" are
> right;  although I am not so sure about when the latter should be used.

 Might want to get a new dictionary.... that one is partialy correct...
Janken is the name of the "game" (game???? is it a game???) and
"jankepon" is what you say when you play it... (game, match, what ever
you want to call it...)

>     Look up p.122, vol.16 for that janken scene. I do not have vol.7-13 at hand

> (my girlfriend borrowed them --- out of jealousy, I think), so please can anyone

> inform us about the other ones (I believe there are)?

					Kenji Shimizu

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited