Re: Just out of curiosity....

to <megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com>
from "Kevin Shui" <kv60@tpts5.seed.net.tw>
subject Re: Just out of curiosity....
date Sun, 4 Jan 1998 23:56:35 +0800
Kenohki wrote:

>Kevin Shui wrote:
>>
>>     I guess everybody has seen at least once that Urd and Skuld
>> play "janken" to decide who to answer the phone.
>>     I wonder if there are similar games in other cultures? A totally
>> identical game to "janken" in Chinese world is called "scissor, rock
>> and cloth".
>
>You missed the last part (po/bo = cloth)... unsure of the
>pronouncination). And when did Skuld and Urd play this? Where is this?
>Usually, they play "Russian Roulette" with Skuld's bomb, or just fight
>each other. They don't like answering the phone... ^_^

    Unless my dictionary is wrong, I think both "janken" and "jankenpon" are
right;  although I am not so sure about when the latter should be used.
    Look up p.122, vol.16 for that janken scene. I do not have vol.7-13 at hand
(my girlfriend borrowed them --- out of jealousy, I think), so please can anyone
inform us about the other ones (I believe there are)?

Kevin Shui

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited