Re: Art Style & a question

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Kenohki <kenohki@geocities.com>
subject Re: Art Style & a question
date Sat, 03 Jan 1998 20:45:44 +0900
Patrick Clear wrote:
<<CUT>>

> I can say even from my limited experience with Oh! My Goddess, I only
> discovered it about 3 months ago, that the art work has changed drasticall.

Even if the artist doesn't want it to change, it's pretty much inevitable.
(I should know...) IN any event, if the artwork doesn't change, then that
means that they are not progressing. Be glad that change is happening (most
of you are ^_^)

> The last issue of the comic(I don't consider them true Manga since
> they've been changed)

What do you mean by this?

<<SNIP>>

> Oh yeah also got some questions.. what's the proper name of Oh! My Goddess?

That is the official title in English.

In Japanese collected volumes, however, we see his first translation of the
series, which is Ah! My Goddess. Tht title remains in the Japanese release
of the manga volumes still, but it was changed for the US release by
Fujishima (He liked the pun on "Oh my god". ^_^)

> and what is the Japanese name for it?

Ah! Megami-sama.

> and finally is there like 12 issues of the comic in
> each Issue?  you know like one for every month?

Averages about 7-8 chapters per volume. I don't know how much DH puts per
their issue, so I can't really answer that question...

> arigatoo

Douitashimashite! ^_^

> OH YEAH!! <I'm such a space head ^.^> Does anyone have some ideas for a
> Goddess website/webshrine?

I already have some... If you want, I can help you out. I think I still
have the only Peorth Shrine, and I'm not doing anything with it...

> I'm making a HUGH site dedicated to lots of  different series

One advice : Don't make anything too big... I build it series by series
as a seperate page and when you have enough, put it all together then.
Also build most of it before it goes online. I once tried building a page for
Tenchi Muyo, and I made a mistake of putting it online before it was
even 50% complete... Did NOT work out.

> currently the Sailor Moon one is the only one that is
> getting any work done <I really need to graduate -.->

^_^

> If anyone want to look at it and send me some comments please go look at
> http://princess.dyn.ml.org/

You... have... your own domain?! Lucky you!

Me, I have to use Geocities... -_-;;;

> e-mail me any comments you have...

Cannot log on for some reason. I'll check later.

> by the way it is heavily optomised for IE4.0+ but any browser that fully
> supports HTML4.0

Downloaded the full text for it few days back... I had no idea a
documentation for HTML could be this confusing. I'll just continue
to make pages the way I've always been doing... View other's source
code and learning thru that. ^_^

> and CSS1 will be able to view it, the other it will look
> kinda funny.. GOMEN going off in my own little world <and believe me
> it is little>

Ugh... IE4... I don't like M$ to begin with, but last time I checked
(yesterday) I didn't see a working Macintosh version for download. Go
for Netscape is my advice...

Cya!

Sorry about off topic post on later half of this message...

--
===================== Kenohki <kenohki@geocities.com> ======================

Search field Search string

archive list