Re: Comfy Chairs and Lumberjacks (Was Re

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from David E Wills <dwills@world.std.com>
subject Re: Comfy Chairs and Lumberjacks (Was Re
date Sat, 1 Jul 1995 01:28:13 +0059 (EDT)

On Fri, 30 Jun 1995, Biggles Dictates a Letter wrote:

> If only I could find out what video/show/special had the Philosopher's
> Football (soccer for us Yanks...^_^) match...

The MP TV ep with the sports commentary on the games being played:
soccer: Doctors versus the Pirates, rugby: 15th century royal court vesus
some bristol team... I believe it was all right after the "Pet licence"
sketch. <Vainly trying to remember the sketch>
 "Look, I have a licence for my cat right here..."
 "It's got Dog crossed out and cat written over it."

I have a old Kodack [ack!] tape of 4 hours of MP when MTV was showing them
back in... in 1989 I think. It was awhile back. You got the Spanish
Inquisition, the canabalistic funeral sketch, Mr. Pithars cycling tour,
etc, etc.

If someone has some decent video equipment they can borrow the tape to
dupe it. (The tape was made on a mono 2-head in 4-hour mode so don't
expect LD quality playback)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited