Re: AnimEigo dub cover art

to <megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com>
from "Tomi Makitalo" <Tomi.Makitalo@sci.fi>
subject Re: AnimEigo dub cover art
date Sat, 1 Nov 1997 20:46:32 +0200

On 1st of November (It's getting cold up here ^_^) Professional Agitator
wrote:

>On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, The Helper Goddess Office wrote:
>> > From: Les Jenkins <Dream@cris.com>

>> > As far as I am aware, the only difference between the sub and dub boxes
>> is
>> > in the primary color for one of the panels (Pink for the dub, Purple
for
>> > the sub) and a note as to whether it's a sub or a dub. Otherwise the
box
>> > art is the same.
>> > usually AnimEigo keeps the art the same with just a different layout.
>
>> I am kinda curious about this one, so I ask Mr. Scott Houle for a
favorite
>> (for some of you in Megami ML, in case you don't know who is Scott Houle,
>> he's the voice director for the English version of Ah ! My Goddess) and
he
>> got AnimEigo's Suzanne Stanley to answer the question, although I don't
>> know if that will answer it.... she wrote:
>
>> Everything basically the same, only difference is Bubblegum Crisis...the
>> sub & dub are completely different graphics and colors on the sleeve &
>> jackets. Visit our website & check out the graphics or...why not purchase
>> all of them & then you can see the differences!
>
>Only there are no graphics at the Website.
>
>Well, this answers half the question.  The dub and sub tapes use the
>same images.
>
>But, there are three hybrid LDs and two original sub LDs, meaning
>that's a whole another batch of cover art on that third LD.  Anyone
>got the hybrid LDs?
>
>For the record, the first original LD (OAVs 1-3) has an all cast image
>with the three megami taking up about 80% of the image (Bell is
>centered and wearing pink).  Below them, is the rest of the cast, SD.
>
>The second original LD is Bell with angel wings from the original
>"Evergreen Holy Night" LD.
>
>Based on AnimEigo's response, it sounds like these two images are the
>same on the first two LDs.  Question is what's on that third hybrid disc?
>
>My guess is it may be the cover from "For the Love of Goddess," Bell
>and K1 embracing with the giant ring around them.
>
>Agitator
>  #->
>
>"To stand silent in the face of injustice would be to throw   --Alan Keyes,
> the Declaration of Independence on the ash heap   The Black Republican the
> of history."     //   Media Doesn't Want the American People to Know About
>----------- http://www.kaiwan.com/~agitator/  \ Bring Back the --- REMEMBER
>Only AMIGA!  \\ //     IBM PC  -  Who wants a  \ Caltech Cannon!!   Beijing
>==============\X/===== politically correct computer? ======================
>Roderick Lee, HMC '91    "The Professional Agitator"    agitator@kaiwan.com

I have ordered those hybrid LD's about five weeks ago...it seems that
Animeigo is for some reason unable to send them. (Actually, they are coming
via Right Stuf Int., because AnimEigo does not send overseas). I am starting
to suspect that those hybrid LDs exist only in their catalog and nowhere
else, since no one I know has them. Anyway, if they do arrive, I gladly tell
what's on their covers.

- Tomi

Search field Search string

archive list