Re: (Noise) Re: AMG Movie

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Christopher Jefferson <ALMIGHTY@worldnet.att.net>
subject Re: (Noise) Re: AMG Movie
date Tue, 30 Sep 1997 20:18:06 -0400
SHIMIZU KENJI wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Christopher Jefferson wrote:
>
> > I have neither the time, nor the desire to get into a squalid little
> > flame war with Kenji, but I will respond here, as I think some points
> > need to be made.
>
>  That, I agree... so, I'll snip out most of it, and try to make my point
> short, with just one question at the end...

Thanks. I hate flame wars on mailing lists. People think they're on a
politics newsgroup or something like that and their ego demands that
they have the last word!

>  (SNIP)
>
> > Actually, all of the above would be rather silly, specious posts IF
> > posted with the knowledge that they were false. Sort of like "crying
> > wolf", if you know what I mean. All I did was give my opinion about the
> > AMS production process and throw in a one-liner about the seiyuu girls
> > being paid "scale" (minimum wage according to Screen Actors' Guild
> > standard contracts). I didn't shout "fire" in a theatre or steal a
> > freight train.
>
>  Well, the idea of the AMG moive sounded silly... and theBell-chan Cel
> sounds silly... and the skuld pillow soounds silly,
> but.........................

Actually, the AMG movie isn't silly at all. Can't wait to see it myself!
I'm sure it will be the talk of the Anime Weekend Atlanta convention
this November. Sadly, most of those attending will be clueless gaijin
such as myself, so I have to take whatever information I can get
secondhand and with the proverbial grain of salt.

HOWEVER, I will purchase your Bell-chan cel for five bucks if you're
still up for it! ^_^

>  Anyway, one question; I've attempted to put up as much info. as I know,
> but I don't seem to find many interested in the info.. (except for a very
> few nice people that are kind enough in reading my posts ^_^;) If I'm
> stuffing up people's mailbox too much stuff which appears to be useless,
> let me know, and I'll shut up. (I wanted to put up posts about the
> contents of the AMG CD-ro and calender today, since no one did it yet,
> but I think I'll let that one go... less posts, less to stuff up the
> Mail box... Hope this helped you guys in reducing mail ^_^;)

That's a load of bull. Kenji, you're the most valuable guy on this
Mailing List. You live in Tokyo, buy the new stuff when it comes out and
, best of all, know somebody "on the inside" so you can give us all the
latest. I for one read all of your posts and find them enjoyable,
entertaining, and best of all, informative.

In a phrase -KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

>                                         Kenji Shimizu

Be Seeing You,

Chris