Re: Newbie

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Christopher Jefferson <ALMIGHTY@worldnet.att.net>
subject Re: Newbie
date Tue, 30 Sep 1997 20:04:57 -0400
Stephen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to the list.  I was just wondering that considering there are
> over 200 members on this ML, the ML seems slow.  Am I having problems
> receiving posts?  Thanks in advance.
>
> Acid Tenchi, The Illusions Weaver
> acidbase@primary.net

Although we've got a lot of members in Europe, Asia, and North America,
it's my impression that this ML is "events driven". For instance,
there's a constant diet of opinion on this or that aspect of the manga
or the anime (such as "are the Goddesses immortal" or "what's Urd's
familial relationship to Bell-chan?", etc.) and that tends to keep the
ML going along at a steady clip of 20-30 posts per day.

But I remarked above that the ML is events driven. That is to say, that
if a major AMS related event happens, posts increase (such as the Seiyuu
radio show that was done in August, the release of the latest CD or the
new compilation volume in Tokyo). The increase in traffic is moderate,
that is true, but it is an increase nonetheless. This group wouldn't
really get going until the AMS movie got screened. Then this place will
go ballistic. However, that will take time.

Until then, enjoy the traffic!

Be Seeing You,

Chris

Search field Search string