Re: It's REALLY HOT (was: RE:Teatime....)

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from SHIMIZU KENJI <s991775@yamata.icu.ac.jp>
subject Re: It's REALLY HOT (was: RE:Teatime....)
date Thu, 4 Sep 1997 02:33:14 +0900 (JST)
On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Tsunami@Jyurai wrote:

 (BIG SNIP)

> Are the cans heated up for you while you wait, or do they keep them
> heated all the time?

 Yup. They keep it warm at all times (as soon as the can is re-stocked
into the machine... but theydon't switch the machine to "warm" until
winter season... they might start to place "hot" drinks in the machine
soon, though ^_^

> I have to admit that I am very interested in a culture where almost
> anything is available from a vending machine.

 They've been selling books, CDs, cigaretts, drinks (canned), underwear (new
and..... used (well, I don't see the used ones theses days ^_^;;;)),
posters, batteries, film (instant camera as well), food (burgers, hotdogs,
cup 'o noodle, etc.), snacks (potato chips, cotton candy, pockey, etc.)
milk (and other boxed drinks), drinks (in a cup), kleenex (tissue paper),
tickets (train tickets, plane tickets, boat tickets, dining tickets,
movie tickets, etc.), light bulbs, shopping bags (paper bags, etc.),
cards (trading cards) mini-toys (plastic figures, ruber figures, etc.),
...and if you consider the games machines as vending machines, then
pencil boards, stuffed dolls, reproduced Cels, etc...  and there some
more machines that sells/spits out other stuff as well too ^_^;

					Kenji Shimizu

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited