Re: It's REALLY HOT (was: RE:Teatime....)

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Tsunami@Jyurai" <tsunami@jyurai.demon.co.uk>
subject Re: It's REALLY HOT (was: RE:Teatime....)
date Tue, 02 Sep 1997 18:45:03 +0100
SHIMIZU KENJI wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Les Jenkins wrote:
>
> > On  2 Sep 97 at 2:07, Tomi wrote:
> >
> > > Oh, that one. But he just warns Belldandy not to burn her mouth.
> > > In OAV Keiichi doesn't say "This will keep you warm". I don't know
> if he
> > > says so in manga. If I have understood correctly, anime is based
> (loosely)
> > > on a manga storyline.
> >
> > Actually, "here, it's hot" could be interpreted a number of ways
> > beyond just not burning her mouth. One could argue that it's
> > something to take away the chill is implied by the statement.
>
>  I don't know how many of you actually bought HOT CANNED DRINKS in
> Japan,
> but the ones comming out of the machine are REALYY HOT. IHot, meaning
> it's hot to HOLD ON TO... They heat up that darn thing from the can...
>  For the drinks in Japan, there are more than one type of cans you can
> find in those vending machines... ones are the Aluminum cans, same as
> the
> ones in the U.S.... other are the smaller cans, made out of Steel,
> etc.... so they just simply heat up that can to make it warm... (so,
> when
> you buy it, and you're not careful, it's hot...) I think Keiichi means
> this. (Try to buy a hot can of drink next time you visit Japan... (in
> the
> winter...) it's really hot... (unless, except ofcourse, that is, the
> Coca-cola guy just restocked on the cans a few mins. ago, and it's
> still
> not warm... Things like this happens... I bought a cold drink... well,
> it
> wasn't cold... the guy jusy re-stocked on the machine, and the drink
> was
> warm... ;_;)
>
>                                         Kenji Shimizu

Are the cans heated up for you while you wait, or do they keep them
heated all the time?
I have to admit that I am very interested in a culture where almost
anything is available from a vending machine.
--

"You will never amount to very much"
           Munich schoolmaster to Albert Einstein, aged 10.

http://www.jyurai.demon.co.uk/   tsunami@jyurai.demon.co.uk

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited