RE: RE:Teatime....

from JBPendragon <bellsj01@student.ucr.edu>
subject RE: RE:Teatime....
date Mon, 1 Sep 1997 17:28:17 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Tomi wrote:

> >"Here.  It's hot."
> >
> Oh, that one. But he just warns Belldandy not to burn her mouth.
> In OAV Keiichi doesn't say "This will keep you warm". I don't know if he
> says so in manga. If I have understood correctly, anime is based (loosely)
> on a manga storyline.

His actual words, "Kore.  Atsui yo."  Are, literally, "here, it's hot."
This can mean many things, as we are not given Keiichi's thoughts on the
matter.  He could mean, "It's hot, don't burn yourself" or he could mean
"It's hot, it'll warm you up."  Since Japanese is a language built on
connotations and situational inference, one has to guess the rest of the
comment on the context in which it is used.  Since it's a cold night, most
likely he meant the second, and was offering Belldandy the tea to help
warm her.

And yes, the anime is an amalgamation of several manga storylines, changed
slightly for dramatic effect.

With all due respect, I remain,

J. Lan Bellsmith, Lord of Pendragon
Belldandy no Dai'Shinkan

"Give me a moment to reflect upon the things that I have seen.
Please, a few seconds to remember what I've been.
And then come you ever closer and give me that special kiss.
The one that changes everything, and steals a heart I'll never miss."

                                           email:  bellsj01@student.ucr.edu

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited