Re: Teatime...

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from JBPendragon <bellsj01@student.ucr.edu>
subject Re: Teatime...
date Mon, 1 Sep 1997 17:24:15 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Tomi wrote:

> The boy really wasn't stranger to her. They met when they were kids. Even
> the assignment was, in my opinion, somehow arranged by Belldandy.
> I think _She_ made the last, misdialed phone call connect to Goddess
> Helpline. Why, you may ask... She really wanted to fulfill her promise
>    to Keiichi she made long ago, and this was her opportunity to do it.
>
> 	Tomi

Hmm....here, one has to decide whether or not information in the manga can
be entered into the argument.  I tend to believe that the manga, as the
author's original vision, always takes precedence over the anime,
especially in the case of character motivations.  In this case, the
children thing is not present in the manga.  Furthermore, later on Keiichi
gets the Goddess Helpline -again- (enter Peorth,) so we can be relatively
certain that Keiichi's connection to the GHL is -not- the result of
manipulation, but the result of an inherent quality in Keiichi, which
makes him, as Belldandy explains, "qualified" for divine intervention.

With all due respect, I remain,

J. Lan Bellsmith, Lord of Pendragon
Belldandy no Dai'Shinkan

"Give me a moment to reflect upon the things that I have seen.
Please, a few seconds to remember what I've been.
And then come you ever closer and give me that special kiss.
The one that changes everything, and steals a heart I'll never miss."

                                           email:  bellsj01@student.ucr.edu

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited