Re: Belldandy

from SHIMIZU KENJI <s991775@yamata.icu.ac.jp>
subject Re: Belldandy
date Mon, 1 Sep 1997 01:33:04 +0900 (JST)
On Sun, 31 Aug 1997, Suverkropp B.P. wrote:

 (SNIP)

> I wonder more and more why people say that:
> 1. Belldandy is to placid for their taste.

 (placid... uhmmm... I don't have my dictionary handy... and I'm horrible
with Vocab., spelling, and Kanji ^_^;;; if my memory is correct (from all
that S.A.T. and TOEFL studying, it should mean, simple, boaring, right?)
Well, people have their opinions... so we can't argue... (she' not THAT
placid, I think.... well, Urd fans might disagree ^_^;;; That's why Urd
tries to take care of her little sister (bell-chan) and Keiichi... ^_^;;;)

> 2. that Belldandy is the ideal of japanese womenhood.

 (SNIP)

> 2. It has been said that Belldandy represents the 'ideal japanese woman'.
> Maybe my knowledge of japanese culture is faulty, but she seems much to
> forward for that. Belldandy is not shy at all, and never makes a pretense
> of shyness for politeness' sake. Although she is not egocentric, it is
> clear that she realy enjoys being the centre of attention. A girl like
> Satoko comes much closer to my (foreigners) idea of the 'ideal japanese
> woman'.

 I guess "Yamato Nadeshiko" is the term.... (sounds like a manga done by
Asamiya sensei... ^_^; ("Kidou-senkan Nadeshiko...(TV name")
 Well, The qualities of an ideal women is changind by generation
difference (but not THAT much...) I guess one doesn't have to be shy...
just more quiet... a big-mouth isn't appreciated much ^_^;;;)
 Is Bell-chan REALLY trying to be at the center of things??? (maybe
re-reading the manag might help, before we go on and argue on this
particular point...
 .....so, who's Satoko???

					Kenji Shimizu

Search field Search string