Re: More stuff to spend money on (was: Re: The Movie Plot.)

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from SHIMIZU KENJI <s991775@yamata.icu.ac.jp>
subject Re: More stuff to spend money on (was: Re: The Movie Plot.)
date Mon, 1 Sep 1997 00:40:18 +0900 (JST)
On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Les Jenkins wrote:

> On 25 Aug 97 at 2:17, SHIMIZU KENJI wrote:

 (SNIP)

> English name for the magazine as near as I can tell.  It came with a
> small suppliment booklet titled  V-POWER that had shots from the
> making of the GFC music video showing the girls out in the country
> and on the bus, etcetera. Looks like the music video is pretty cool.

 (The promo video contains these stuff, I think.)

> Also saw in the September issue of Dragon Magazine an ad for a CD-Rom
> called the AIC VISUAL FILES #1. Billed as a CD-Rom Disc Magazine for
> Win95 and Macintosh it went on sale July 31 for =A55,800 plus tax.

 Yes, I've been tempted to pick one up... (Akari-chan on the cover... I
think it was her... way speaking to me "pick me up! Please buy me!"...
but Yui-chan (Dokyusei2) was next to it, screaming "oh please buy me! I
come with action figues! I work on your play station!"... so I decied to
pick up the Dokyusei limited box instead ^_^; (A person has serious
mental damage when he/she can imagine the goods sitting at the shop
talking to you ^_^;;;)

> Have you picked up this disc magazine yet? Care to tell us a little
> about it? :-)

 It's supposed to be OK, I've heard... but I haven't seen it ;_;
(instead, this month, I bought the Elhazard OVA 2, vol.3 Cels from AIC...
I was one of the lucky 23% to get one ^_^ (I was planning to use that
money on the AIC CD-rom, but it went into the Cels instead ;_;) Maybe
next month, I'll (hopefully) pick it up... or maybe someone else might
pick one up before then ^_^;

> Speaking of Dragon Magazine, and going a little off-topic for a
> moment, what's this Slayers Vs. Tenchi on the cover all about? It
> appears (from the tiny amount I can read) that it's discussing a
> battle for fan's yen between the two movies at the box office, but I
> could be completely clueless on this. For all I know, it could be
> saying they're a double feature. The pics of Tenchi thinking about
> Lina are pretty funny and the cover shot of Ryoko and Lina together
> is cool. Looks like you can order the cover as a poster as well.
> Wonder how expensive it would be to import that? ;-)

 The movie's ticket was valid for both of them... meaning, you can watch
both movies with one ticket ^_^ ...as for the poster... I don't know... I
haven't picked up this month's Dragon, since i picked up mulitple copies
of Afternoon instead (to order my Bell-chan teleca...) The teleca that
they gave away before was priced around 4-6 times it's original value at
Mandarake Today...

					Kenji Shimizu

Search field Search string

archive list