Re: [Off-topic] Anime Game

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from SHIMIZU KENJI <s991775@yamata.icu.ac.jp>
subject Re: [Off-topic] Anime Game
date Sun, 3 Aug 1997 23:51:12 +0900 (JST)
On Sat, 2 Aug 1997, Tsunami@Jyurai wrote:

> Snip to save space.
>
> >  That's incorrect. It all depends on which magazine you read... Famitsu
> > and Playstation-related magazines all say that. but Saturn centered
> > games, and Gal-games magazine's stats don't agree with them. Also, Saturn
> > games sales looks bad, compared to Play Station... that's because those
> > Sh*t heads at Sony decided not to allow used games outin the market...
> > (a*s-holes....) Saturn allowes used games sales, so "new" games sold
> > doens't look good, but the number of users are more than "what's sold
> > officially"... (counting in all these hidden figures is important in
> > Japan, if you really want to know what's gooing on ^_^;)
> >
> In the UK, the PSX far outstrips the Saturn in sales, game sales and second
> hand game sales. There is little doubt that is streets ahead as far as
> number of users is concerned.

 I wouldn't be suprised... Play Station looks "cool" from a westerner's
point of view (?) and Saturn looks like a Anime Geek's (sp?) machine
(?)... I think I read this some where before...
 But look at it the other way; all the games that comes into Japan from
the West are "3-D tactics" or "real graphics" or "lots of fire pwer and
destruction" or "high tech stuff" with lots of cool guys and mech and
sexy women... The Japanese games are "pretty girl (gals), but not sexy,
and some are even 2-D, etc... you know what I mean?

					Kenji Shimizu

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited