Re: AMG continuation (was

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Christopher Jefferson <ALMIGHTY@worldnet.att.net>
subject Re: AMG continuation (was
date Sun, 03 Aug 1997 08:35:18 -0400
Tsunami@Jyurai wrote:

> Snip
>
> > GITS advantage is that it is a cohesive, self-contained story. The
> > upcoming AMS movie, otoh, requires an advanced knowledge of the AMS
> > backstory. SO....., it might be in AIC's interest to weave the 5 ova's
> > together into a cohesive single story that tells the tale of the arrival
> > and hijinks of the three megami. Lots of editing required, however. It
> > would give the general moviegoing public the bacstory to the upcoming
> > film.
>
> And leave no time for any new story. I for one would be very disappointed
> with such a movie. Much as I was with the Secret of blue water movie.

You have a point in that a "woven together" OVA would come out only a
year prior to the release of the second AMS "movie". Still, not enough
people in the US have seen AMS to be familiar with the backstory,
despite its popularity among American anime fans.

Be Seeing You,

Chris

> "Y'know, a kiss on the hand_may_be continental, man...
> But tactical thermonuclear weaponry is a guy's best friend!"
>                                       Waldo "DR" Dobbs.
> http://www.jyurai.demon.co.uk/   tsunami@jyurai.demon.co.uk

Search field Search string

archive list