cc megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from voleny@juno.com (Christopher J Luu)
subject Re: R: Sakura Taisen?
date Sun, 03 Aug 1997 05:51:13 EDT

On Sun, 03 Aug 1997 05:46:31 +0200 Lord Raphael von Matsch
<LordRaphael@cdc.it> writes:

>I believe all the converter affair may sound quite odd to Japanese
>people. The point is: the difference between JAP, US and PAL versions
>is
>actually NONE, just some sort of "protection codes" which makes CDs
>unable to run. I don't know WHY the guys at Sega (and Nintendo and
>Sony...) do this, but it's really IDIOT. A converter just skips the
[snip]

I read about this in some game magazine.....
I think the reason was because the some of the same games  were released
by different companies in different countries and etc.
It also ruins the beginning sales of like a hot title, in exp. FF VII.
If a lot of people buy
the Japanese import  version, then no one buys the English one.
I think that was correct......

Chris Luu
voleny@juno.com

Search field Search string