Re: R: Sakura Taisen?

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Chae An <chaean@hom.net>
subject Re: R: Sakura Taisen?
date Sat, 02 Aug 1997 11:36:06 -0400
At 11:45 PM 8/2/97 +0900, SHIMIZU KENJI wrote:
>On Sat, 2 Aug 1997, Lord Raphael von Matsch wrote:
[...]
>> I believe any US or PAL Saturn should work as well if you own a converter
>> or, even better, an Action Replay. What's the point in buying a Saturn
>> without a universal game converter? ^_-
>
> If you use the converter, will Sega still gurantee it's product? (is
>that adapter from Sega?)

        Converter is an external device, so I don't think there's going to
be any warranty problem.  The route I went with involves re-soldering some
changes in the jumper configuration, and that will void your warranty.  But
by the time I went with the changes, my Saturn was well past the warranty
date, and I actually got 90 days (or 30...?  can't remember) warranty on the
change from the NCS. (it's just the warranty on the change but if anything
on the machine goes wrong, you can blame the change ^_^)  I would recommend
the jumper change to most saturn fans who want to play the import games
_and_ who have Saturns with lapsed warranty.

>					Kenji Shimizu

                                                --C h a e
--
                      chaean@hom.net   chaean@umich.edu