Re: AMG continuation (was

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Christopher Jefferson <ALMIGHTY@worldnet.att.net>
subject Re: AMG continuation (was
date Sat, 02 Aug 1997 11:09:50 -0400
Dennis Carr wrote:

>  > Sorry Les, but you know as well as I that at home formats don't
>  > compare to the whole Big Screen/Dolby experience.
>
>  This assumes you haven't shelled out the price of a high-end Pentium
>  box for one of those home theater getups.

Which most folks haven't. They're waiting for the price to come down to
a reasonable level so around the year 2000 they can run out and buy
cheap Digital Screens. Anyone who's purchasing one now is simply paying
out the R&D dollars to the major outfits. And since I want good picture,
I don't want to buy the present "projector style" screen.

>  > Sadly, there is no
>  > conceivable argument that could be made to theatre owners to run, say,
>  > an AMS in U.S. theatres. To them, it's a cartoon, and it's from a
>  > relative unknown source (not Disney=not dollars). Sad, but true.
>
> I dunno - the somewhat-near-me Mesa Theater in Costa Mesa, CA played
> Ghost In The Shell last year - didn't do terribly bad, in fact, and
> this was all from word-of-mouth-and-or-various-computer-networks
> advertising.

GITS advantage is that it is a cohesive, self-contained story. The
upcoming AMS movie, otoh, requires an advanced knowledge of the AMS
backstory. SO....., it might be in AIC's interest to weave the 5 ova's
together into a cohesive single story that tells the tale of the arrival
and hijinks of the three megami. Lots of editing required, however. It
would give the general moviegoing public the bacstory to the upcoming
film.

Be Seeing You,

Chris

> Dennis "Keiichi-Bob" Carr
> KE6ISF
> dennis_carr@bbs.fullcoll.edu
>
> .. Cry Cheeble! and let loose the hamsters of war!
> ___ Blue Wave/386 v2.30 [NR]

> Fullerton College claims no responsibility for the opinion expressed above
> (This is an automatic stamp from our Email system and not from the user.)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs