Re: Comicket!

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Christopher Jefferson <ALMIGHTY@worldnet.att.net>
subject Re: Comicket!
date Thu, 31 Jul 1997 18:12:16 -0400
SHIMIZU KENJI wrote:

>  He he he ^_^. Very happy to know that there will be comciket this year
> again. only 14 more days till comicket ^o^
>
>  This time, they probably couldn't fit all the stuff into one catalouge,
> and as a result, I had to buy 2 catalouges. ;_; (need 2 catalouges to
> attend the comicket for 3 days.) As a result from making the comicket 3
> days instead of 2, the number of people that's going to be there will be
> AT LEAST 600000... (very low estimation on my part...I wouldn't be
> suprised if more people showed up...)... the lowest estimation this year
> of the Dojinshi is 4600000... (wow!.... then agian, I don't think this is
> a big number considering the number of attendants...) Plus much more, if
> we count the non-Takkyu-bin (UPS? Parcel post?) sent dojinshi... meaning,
> circles bringing carry-on Dojinshi, instead of shipping it to the event
> hall...

Kenji, this kind of thing simply doesn't happen in the United States,
except for the annual Computer trade shows in Las Vegas. WHERE in Tokyo
do they have the facilities to play host to 600,000 people over three
days? Tokyo Dome? Really, this number is astounding to me. Bear in mind,
however, that I'm looking at it from an American point of view.
Anime/manga simply doesn't hold the same attraction in American culture
as it does in Japan.

>  While looking at these Stupidly incredible numbers, and reveiwing at the
> new Cosplay rules, I just remembered about the flame war we had a while
> ago... well with these number of people, we NEED rules... or else....
> (can't have selfish people at events like this.. -_-)

You bet you do.

>  Also, as usual, the Comicket staff isn't recived too well by the police
> and the fire marshal... they are both getting on their back, every time
> we have comicket T_T Some idiots can't follow rules (make excuses about
> their "right" and endangers the event... Some certain media isn't too
> friendly with the comicket either... (if they get a chance, they'll start
> bashing it...like a while ago... -_-~)...more reasons why all of the
> participants MUST wlcome rules, not stop complaining about rules...

Somehow I don't anticipate rioting at the comicket. Unless, of course,
the doujinshi get lost or stolen on the way to the event. Then hold on
to your hats!

>  Anyway, looking through the catalouge, LOTS of Sakura Taisen,
> Sentimental graffity, Tokimomo (suprised it's going this long)....and
> many many tiles that I don't know of (and DON'T WANT TO KNOW anyway) on
> day one (aimed generally at the female audience ^_^;;;)
>
>  Megami stuff can be found on day 3... (but only a handfull of circles
> T_T) same with Wedding Peach T_T (not much circles doing them now T_T)
> Hope it doesn't bceom "cult" titles in the future T_T... Oh well... I
> guess I'll hunt down other dojinshi instead... there's more than enough
> Dojinshi to last a life time... (actually, I'll nedd 10 lives just to
> look at what's out at this comicket... if I ever thought about looking at
> the already exsisting dojinshi, haveing 10000lives probably won't be
> enough ;_;)\... scarry... -_-)
>
>                                         Kenji Shimizu

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Be Seeing You,

Chris
> PS... wonder how big comicket will be in 5 years... when it just started,
> (I think I wasn't born yet...) It was really really small then... wonder
> what Yonezawa Chokan (daihyo) thinks about it now...
>  Also, why do the higher officials of Comicket have starnge names???
> Taicho, Chokan, etc... (taicho=squadron leader, chokan=cheif of
> command... both military (-like) titles... maybe they're military
> Otakus... yeah right...

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited