k1's bike

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "t. hsu" <moebius@utcc.utoronto.ca>
subject k1's bike
date Fri, 2 Jun 1995 16:29:21 -0400
From:	gryphon@world.std.com (Acolyte of Skuld)
Subject: Re: K1's motorbike

>> Who out there in ML land knows what bike K1 rides? BTW this is not a
>> trivia question so don't expect an answer from Me!  I'm sure that with
>> Fujishima-san's interest in bikes it's bound to be a specific model.
>
>According to the notes jotted alongside the diagrams of the motorcycle
>in the little AMG/Taiho booklet that came with Newtype some months
>ago, it's a BMW OL-SP, one of their mid-range touring cycles.

Do you know exactly what the L in the "OL" stand for?  The kanas say
something like Oscar-Liebman(sp?).

>Mind
>you, that's for the OVA series; it might be different in the manga,
>but it doesn't look different to me.

I think it is the same.  One more thing that was mentioned: the engine
is not left-right symetrical, and so the animators had to pay more
attention to drawing the engine. Of course, since you never see the
nike without the side-car, they only had to draw one side of the
engine...

.Titus.

Search field Search string

archive list