Re: Ah! My Goddess Trading Cards

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Les Jenkins <Dream@cris.com>
subject Re: Ah! My Goddess Trading Cards
date Thu, 03 Jul 1997 06:27:14 -0400
Jason Chong wrote:

> I have just happened to receive my anime CDs I have purchased a week
> ago.  When I opened my CD case to my CD, I found several AMG trading
> cards (it wasn't an AMG CD).  Try contacting sonmay@ms2.hinet.net.
> They
> either sell it or probably can refer to a place that sells them.
> Don't
> put your expectations too high though.

I make it a point not to purchase Son May CDs simply because they're one
of the largest piraters of music CDs of all kinds, let alone Anime
soundtracks, that you can find. They are very good at what they do as
most of the CD's they produce are audibly indistingishuable from the
originals they're copying and they have gotten much better at
duplicating the packaging that goes along with it right down to the
bonus trading cards that are sometimes included with some CDs. The fact,
however, that the none of the money spent on a Son May CD makes it's way
back to the copyright holders is reason enough for me not to buy them.
Also, if you spent more than $8 on any one of those Son May CD's then
you got ripped off as they regularly sell for $5 - $7 in Taiwan were
they're produced. Two guesses as to why they're so popular with the
dealers at conventions who often sell them for $20 a pop and point out
how much "cheaper" that is compared to the originals at $30 or so.

Les

--
Les Jenkins    | The Casual Otaku - http://www.cris.com/~Dream/
Dream@cris.com | Animecca: Anime Magazine - http://animecca.com/