Re: About the Darjeeling tea

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from hikari <hikari@ricochet.net>
subject Re: About the Darjeeling tea
date Fri, 28 Feb 1997 21:11:23 -0800
Ik Jun Choi wrote:

> This argument started as "There is no possessivness in AMS", drifted to
> this.

Ha, ha, that's one of my specialities.  ^_^  But I really do start to
get curious about certain things in AMG.  If to stay in topic, then
there's something else too, Belldandy's possessiveness toward Keiichi,
oh but can't bring my mind to that right now, oh well.

> I agree.
> In the comic, she just says "Watashi Kochya Daisukinandesu," in chapter
> two pg.32.  meaning "I love (or like very much) red tea.  Then the kind
> of brand she likes was never mentioned.

Yeah, and also in one of the illustations in the "Mini Goddess" book, it
shows a Keiichi biting on a piece of rice cake, Skuld nibbling on ice
cream, Urd with a sake bottle in her hand (noted it's high-grade rice
wine), and a mini Belldandy sitting right on Keiichi's head, sipping
black tea in her usual very ladylike manner (and it notes only "red
tea").  That is why I suspect that, like Urd to sake, Belldandy just
knows well and likes much of black tea and has no brand loyalties
whatsoever.

> Then in OVA, I stop the scene in Volume 4, where it shows the tray with
> tea box, it said, I couldn't make it out clear becaue my LD was record
> in CLV (curse), LiBtch Tea(?).  It certainly is not Lipton not to
> mention Dargeeling.

Sigh, same here.  Same situation when I tried to make out what's the
brand of the drink Keiichi buys from the vending machine in OVA#1, even
though I can tell that the coffee that makes Keiichi fall in later part
of OVA#1 is definitely a can of UCC, the generic kind (you know, the
kind that you can buy at a lot of places).

Oh, I feel like drifting topics again (hee, hee), have anyone noticed
Fujishima's pattern of merchandise brand altering?  He changed most
brands (such as Seiko to Saiko, Fuji Film to Poji Film, Coca Cola to
Coce Cola, and so on) and leave some unchanged (Toshiba, NEC, UCC, all
car/motorcycle brands, etc.).  Anyone noticed of any patterns?

> I think I first found about Belldandy liking Darjeeling Tea in the
> American Anime magazine called "Anime Addicts," two and a half years
> (maybe two years i am not sure) where I found myself asking does she
> really?
>
> If anyone have definite proofs that it was the author of comic decalred
> Belldandy likes Darjeeling Tea, please reply.

Words get around fast esp. through the 'net, and so can it be that one
source of some supposedly authority passed it out and then it was
documented thereafter?

> BTW, where did you guys found about Belldandy's three size.  It is not
> certainly in the comic.  But it was also in the "Anime Addicts."  If the
> information is passed from that magazine and known, I don't think the
> facts are really true.
>
> Please verify what I asked please.

It's probably somewhere in the manga but not anything I can think of.
But it's not anything of much concern to me, anyway.  ^_^

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs