Re: There is no possessive in AMS

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from hikari <hikari@ricochet.net>
subject Re: There is no possessive in AMS
date Fri, 28 Feb 1997 20:35:47 -0800
Henry J. Cobb wrote:

> >From: hikari <hikari@ricochet.net>
> >Actually, it would be "Keiichi-san"...
>
> When she's being emotional, it isn't.
>
> If she's relaxed, then the -san comes out.
>
> At least that's what I hear from the tapes.
>
>         Henry J. Cobb   hcobb@slip.net          http://www.io.com/~hcobb

Hmm, not necessarily.  I took my observation mostly from the manga (even
though I do watch the OVA on a more-than-constant basis).  I think it
has more to do with Belldandy's normal speaking pattern (for the sake of
Goddess' modesty, she always speaks in an "appropriate" manner, and the
speaking manner thing is pretty significant in Japanese, for some
reasons).

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited