Subject: Keiichi has been at Nekomi 5 years?
From: Brian Welch <[email-masked]>
To: Megami ML <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 10:44:27 -0700 (PDT)

Is it likely that Keiichi would take 5 years to finish at Nekomi? I
count 5 years have gone by in Keiichi's academic career, with one
year to go for that final language credit. Can somebody give this
timeline a sanity check? Here's what I have come up with:

***

Most students who make it into a university on the first try are 18
when they begin attending classes. In exceptional cases and with
special permission some may enter at age 17, but I don't think K1 did
that (his parents would have been involved, and we don't see them
until much later.) The Japanese academic calendar is from April to
March, dividing the year into two semesters lasting from April to
July and from September to March. A college level course usually runs
for both semesters.

K1 enters Nekomi Tech at age 18.

Belldandy arrives in Ch1 (duh! ) but there's no time information
other than it appearing to be cold. In Ch16 it appears to be Autumn
and Belldandy says she has been there almost a year. The next
chapter, Ch17, it's Christmas. So, Bell arrived during K1's second
semester, probably late fall/early winter.

Megumi shows up in Ch9, 2 weeks before school starts, so it's late
March or early April, before K1's 2nd year.

K1 is 19, beginning 2nd year.

Urd appears in Ch14, probably during the summer since the NIT Motor
club's summer training camp was Ch13.

Belldandy mentions she has been with Keiichi almost a year in Ch16.
Ch17 is Christmas. (As was mentioned above).

Troubadour is remembered by Urd in Ch25, when the Ume (plum trees)
are blooming, so it's early Spring at the end of K1's second year.

K1 is 20, beginning 3rd year.

After Ch25, we have New Years in Ch29 and then Valentines day in Ch31
before Skuld arrives in Ch32, so she arrived in the Spring of K1's
third year, after Valentines day. Possibly between K1's third and
fourth years.

K1 is 21, beginning 4th year.

Chieko Honda appears in Ch48 during the Nekomi Motor Club summer
training camp.

Keiichi and the goddesses go to the seashore in September in Ch50.

Troubadour shows up in Ch55 when the Ume (plum trees) are in bloom,
so it's Spring, the end of K1's fourth year.

K1 is 22, beginning 5th year.

Peorth appears in Ch66 later that year, probably during 1st semester
of K1's 5th year since school is in session and then later they go
swimming.

Chihiro appears in Ch76, September or early October of K1's 5th year,
since it's summer break in Ch75.

K1 discovers he is a credit short in October in Ch78. He can't take
the course until the following year since this year is already half
over.

Robot Girl first appears in Ch92, in February or March judging by a
couple notices that appear on a billboard.

Velsper appears in Ch94, so it's probably March or April, after K1's
5th year.

K1 is 23.

***

I'm wondering if Fuhishima lost count, or do some Japanese
universities offer 5 year undergraduate courses of study for
technical majors?

Brian Welch