Subject: Summary notes
From: "Chan Wei Lik" <[email-masked]>
To: "Megami ML \(E-mail\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 22:01:14 +0800

I have decided to place my footnotes and comments separate to make it easier
to flip between these and the summary itself.

1. Sharp fans will recognize the vehicles shown off by the Club. There's the
mountain climber from vol 9, the go-cart from vol 3, the fuel-saving racer
from vol 4 and the last bike is either from OVA 3 or vol 2, I'm not sure.

2. A nice touch here, Skuld says to Keiichi, "Do something! You like my
sister right?" Instead of stamering or denying it like other anime
charaters, Keiichi knows what to do and does it!

2a. I wonder why they didn't ask her to summon her angel. Seeing Holybell's
condition might have shocked her into remembering something. That would have
wrecked the plot though...

3. to who? a higher authority certainly, but the Highest perhaps? The hall
will appear again later and prove that it is more than a supervisor or
manager's office.

4. That shouldn't have been a problem. Belldandy has demonstrated an
incredible ability to learn on the fly. She has enough time to learn again.
Perhaps it's a confidence problem? Or does the System going down have
something to do with it?

5. The scene shows an unoccupied bike hitting the road barrier. Then it
shifts to Keiichi and Belldandy. A pair of wings disappears behind her. Did
she use her angel?

6. Here is another scene that shows how Keiichi is different from other
anime male characters. Urd tells Keiichi, "At times like this you have to
trust each other. That's how a couple is." Keiichi agrees. Again, no denials
or stammering.

7. When did this take place? Belldandy's age in this sequence conflicts with
a later flashback. Also, she looks older in the next scene, which should
have been immediately following the Gate visit and so she shouldn't have
looked any older.

8 It is interesting to note that one of his captors in this scene is
apparently wearing Mara's costume from the Queen Sayoko storyarc! I don't
recognise the other one however

8a. The next image of Belldandy is the worst I've ever seen of her. It's
far, far more terrifying than an angry Belldandy.

9. Celestine recieves his sentence in the same hall that Peorth was seen
reporting to earlier. This indicates that this _is_ an important place.

10. Skuld lugged Keiichi through a teleport portal in a fountain outside the
hall. If even Skuld can do this, then carrying mortals through a teleport
portal should be an easy task for most gods.

11. The spell:
Dawn that cleaves apart all darkness
blows away all evil
calls the winds back to Earth
light that brings hope
in the clefts between past, present and future
through the trees' shade
send the one nested in the tree
back to the darkness

12. Celestine's oath:
together with the ray of hope given to the tree
walking onwards together before leaving the nest
I, Celestine, do hereby swear

12a. Yes, Celestine and Belldandy are standing at the base of a tree during
this.

13. If this scene is an accurate memory instead of Celestine's own dreams,
he took Belldandy to the Gate of Judgement soon after this memory. Yet, she
looks much older here than either in the memories of the Gate affair. An
internal inconsistency within the movie itself?

14. Lacking better suggestions, I have accepted this idea from a friend. My
interpetation is the Tree acts as a conduit for large-scale manipulation of
energy- what you would need to create the world- while Heaven's current
System is better suited for detailed control of smaller energy flucuations.

15. Urd's lightning spell:
racing through the skies
descending upon the land
spirits that burst through the air
show your greatest power
gather all that power in my hands
the power to smash all things!
Lightning Strike!

16. The irony of it. Celestine doesn't even realise that he has become one
of the things he wanted to protect Belldandy and the world from.

17. From the way she looks at him and says "Keiichi-san" it sure seems that
way.

18. Not only have their proven their love is incontestable but also
unprecedented. Not even the gods would dare come between them now I think.

19. The angels are big enough to make the goddesses look like mini-goddesses
in comparison.

And Celestine's ultimate fate? Perhaps they're leave it possible to bring
him back in the manga, another OVA or another movie.