Subject: Re: Decided
From: Stephen Lee <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 01:12:51 +0900

At 10:57 98/09/29 -0400, you wrote:
>I give up.  It is quite apparent to me who thinks they are running
the show
>around here, and apprently this person is one of those who hears only
what
>he wants to her, not to mention the fact that this person is
incredibly
>rude.

I see your point.  I do sometimes have similiar feelings as you on
copyrighted stuff, and had tried to use the excuses in your first
message Re: We are only human!.  However, I do realize they are only
that, excuses.  I personally have seen this kind of debate too many
times that I can recite the counterargument to that:

	Access to copyrighted material is a luxury, not a right.
	If you can't afford it you shouldn't get it.

Not that I stick to it 100%, but this is something I think you should
also think about.

AND, (this is the important part), to me, and certainly many people on
this list, AMS is a special series with a special place in each of our
hearts.  To speak of pirating AMS stuff on this list *IS* violating
our feelings.  I was offended by the notion.  But I understand there
are people who don't like the series as much as I do so I try not to
overreact.  But I do hope that people would take such activities off
this list.

Now, I agree that Kenji has indeed been quite rude, but he does have a
point.  (Kenji, you started calling people stupid first, during what
was still a pretty civil discussion.  Even if you think you are right,
wouldn't speaking more calmly get your point across to the other
person easier?)  Please also consider the fact the English is not his
mother language and that he admitted later he realized he had been
rude.

I hope we'll all try to make this a nicer list that Belldandy (or your
favourite goddess(es)) will approve of.

My two unit of currency,
Stephen