Subject: Re: Winnie the Pooh (was:Miss Keiichi)
From: Les Jenkins <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 10:56:21 -0400

Tomi Makitalo wrote:

> >I have to say, I draw a large line between being evil and being mean.
> >I could be mean to you, but am I evil?
>
> If you for some reason are mean to me, from my point of view, you are an
> evil person.

And that's the key: from your point of view. Of course, a lot of children feel
that the decisions and rules their parents enforce are "mean" does that make all
parents "evil"? Some children might agree, but many probably wouldn't. What
happens when your perspective changes and you finally see the true intent behind
such actions? Does the person still remain evil or do they somehow magically
become non-evil?

> From Keichii's point of view, does he think Mara is evil? I think so, since
> Mara turned him into a lizard. So maybe it depends on who you are asking
> from.

That seemed to be more of an annoyance to Keiichi than anything he would hate
her over. You'd think he'd almost come to expect such things considering his
circumstances and past experiences (indeed, he seems to cope with them well when
they occur). I don't recall Keiichi every specifically saying that Mara is evil
so I'd be hesitant to speculate.

Les

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Les Jenkins is The Casual Otaku       (http://casualotaku.dreamhost.com/)
To email me remove the words NOSPAM from my address.        Atheist #1085